The MTI Life Jackets Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is designed to preserve the integrity of the MTI brand and to encourage investment in MTI products by all MTI Life Jackets dealers. MTI MAP prohibits dealers from advertising prices below the manufacturer’s suggested retail prices as specified in the current-year MTI Life Jackets price list. Prices subject to change without notice, always refer to our website for the most updated pricing.
For the purposes of this policy, “Advertising” is defined as mailings, catalogs, displays at consumer exhibitions and shows, and any and all other forms of advertising including, without limitation, the internet and any other electronic network.
- Applies equally to all U.S. dealers of MTI Life Jackets products.
- Applies to any MTI Life Jackets price information published in print or on an internet website.
- Applies to the advertisement of instant savings, rebates, or other forms of product discounts given at the time of purchase.
- Applies to advertising which implies a price less than MAP (within .05 cents of MAP).
Exceptions and Exclusions:
- MTI dealers are permitted to advertise and sell MTI products below MAP at three (3) times per year as follows:
- The last two weeks of May.
- The last two weeks of August.
- The last two weeks of November.
- Dealers may advertise reduced prices for sales of used equipment at any time but said items must be clearly described as “used” in any related advertising.
- Dealers may advertise reduced prices for items discontinued by MTI Life Jackets, but must note “discontinued” in any related advertising.
- Dealers may advertise “package deal” promotions wherein customers receive a discount for buying a life jacket as part of a complete pre-selected group of products.
- Dealers may advertise discounts in concurrence with a customer’s purchase of a boat.
- Policy excludes structured loyalty programs not offering instant savings.
- Policy excludes advertising that targets Government agencies or professional organizations using products for non-recreational activities.
- During any sale event authorized hereunder, no discount shall exceed 25% off the published MSRP price of current, in-line product.
- Requests for any other exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- MTI Life Jackets prices will be defined in the Preseason Program. Occasionally, in-season price changes may be announced. Advertised prices must be changed within 30 days of notice from MTI Life Jackets, or by date specified in the notice.
- Effective 01 September 2013, MTI Life Jackets will notify dealers that are found to be in violation of the MTI Life Jackets advertising policy.
- Dealers will be given five (5) business days to correct the violation(s.
- If not corrected after five (5) days, MTI Life Jackets will cease shipments to the dealer and remove the dealer from the MTI Life Jackets website dealer listing until the violation has been corrected.
- A second violation will result in another warning, with five (5) days to correct the violation. If not corrected within five days, a second violation within one (1) calendar year will result in a 30-day suspension of shipments and removal from the MTI Life Jackets dealer listing.
- If not corrected within five (5) days, a third violation will result in termination of the dealer’s MTI Life Jackets account.
- Intentional or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership.
- Under no circumstances are MTI Life Jackets employees, contractors, vendors/suppliers, or sales representatives authorized to, nor shall they, discuss with any retailers or other person the sales practices of any other retailers.
This policy is subject to change at any time without prior notice.